The reasons for starting this blog are various:
- to try out the Ghost blog platform
- to try hosting something using docker-machine / DigitalOcean
- to present a highly-revisionist version of how I spend my free time
- to provide reading to accompany my resume
I intend to keep it focused on software development and technology, but I might throw in some other posts to brag about some other project that turned out well.
I'm going to try to do all the things a good blog maintainer should, like revisit posts, reply to comments, etc. However, I also have some personal goals for the blog:
- to stick to subjects for multiple articles
- to only produce well-written posts with substance - a creative thought if nothing else.
- to be honest about the complexity of technology, my own biases and weaknesses
- to help contextualize tech within modern life